View Single Post
Old 02.10.2014, 03:59 PM   #105
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glice
This.

I reported the original post. Part of the idea of a community is that it can define itself, make itself welcome to non-regulars. It can be self-regulating, by ignoring twats (I did this with most folk here, until I just stopped posting regularly) or not rising to the bait. Sometimes, autonomous, self-regulating communities can become soured by shouty pricks or voices getting too loud/ present. There's a lot of talk of 'manarchy' in some places I frequent at the moment. It's all well and good clinging to self-regulation to the end of self-expression but there are times - few - where something is just a waste of time. Banning an individual won't make the individual go away from life but it will make the outward appearance of the community more welcoming. By which I mean, no-one posts here any more and if there's something which is entirely, unapologetically beyond the pale in the middle of their eyeballs the forum will just wither and dry up.

Some moderator regulation is not a big deal IF the regulation involves removing elements that absolutely no-one would bother to defend. This isn't kristallnacht, it is not a crisis of ethics to remove someone who, even if the context were a solitary post, has said something so breathlessly offensive that it's indefensible by anyone.

Stop bitching. The guy is annoying, but nobody honestly takes any of it serious, and if gast is the only reason you stopped posting here, than I should send that motherfucker some flowers yo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|