View Single Post
Old 01.28.2009, 02:27 AM   #41
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I watched a movie tonight called "zero" and the entire film is one guy walking around his house, ranting weirdly, walking through the woods behind his house, and having bizarre hallucinations. I enjoyed in it the same thing I enjoy about Jandek. The isolation and loneliness of his recordings are fascinating (even the recordings apparently with other people on them), and you're always left with a lot of questions at the end of every album. He pays no attention to sequencing, not that it would matter, and he doesn't really seem to care if anyone listens or not. The songs feel like journals that a guy keeps, and there just happens to be some detuned guitar underneath it all. I just love this stuff, it's so interesting that it's ridiculous. I wonder if they'll ever make an updated Jandek on Corwood doc since he started playing live shortly after the release of that. Also, even though it's none of my business, and I'm sure it'll come up in one of his lyrics some day anyway, I wonder if Jandek has made enough money off of his records to get into a psychiatrist? May he never take antidepressants and never tune his guitar either!

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|