View Single Post
Old 06.14.2007, 10:50 PM   #16
Dead-Air
invito al cielo

Dead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's assesDead-Air kicks all y'all's asses
KPSU is proud to be bringing to the NW airwaves (and global streamwaves!) two of the performers who will be gracing the stage of the Olympia Eagle's Hall for the 13th Annual Olympia Experimental Music Festival at the end of this month.

First up, on my own What's This Called? program, this Saturday, June 16th from Noon to 1 PM Pacific Time, I'm thrilled to welcome live in the studio Portland OR's own Argumentix! Guaranteed to haunt your soul with his mix of voice and tapes, James Squeaky AKA Argumentix will be playing the 22nd up in Oly, and this set will give you a chance to see why one critic described him as "not unlike Ariel Pink doing musique concrète"!

Then, this coming Wednesday, June 20th (just one day before the festival begins up north!) from 6-7 PM on the one and only Church of Blasphuphmus (Not Jesus) Show your dashing host Yet Another Pope Austin Rich is totally stoked to present none other than the pride of Cambridge Pensylvania Oliver Squash! Playing completely original music informed by '60s psych rock and the most nonconforming aspects of the post-punk movement, Mr. Squash is a legend in the underground home-tape trading community. This is his first ever jaunt to the west coast, for just two nights: this radio appearance and the headlining spot Saturday, June 23rd at the Olympia festival. This man plays music that has brought the FCC to his door complaining that he was interfering with air traffic control - and we are not making that up!

Both shows will of course stream live from the KPSU website (i.e. RIGHT HERE!)

For those lucky enough to be in the Portland OR/Vancouver WA metro area tune into 1450 AM, or if you're really, really lucky and on the Portland State University campus try 98.3 FM for a full on stereo experience!

And we'll see y'all at the festival in Oly!
Dead-Air is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|