View Single Post
Old 12.13.2006, 05:01 PM   #467
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonikold
the branca is cool. i'm surprised at how well you can hear everything. i've read branca interviews where he says it's impossible to hear the drummer in hallucination city, but you can hear him fine in the recording. heaviness!

The drummer on the recording is Wharton Tiers. He turns in an inspiring marathon of a performance.
A complete list of all the musicians is on the back cover image.

This is the best thing I've heard all year (with the exception of the VU 4/25/66 acetate).

After the premiere of this material at the June 2001 WTC concert, there was another performance in Montclair, New Jersey, and a recording was also circulating, but the torrent had insurmountable problems due to an error in the encoding. Several people, including myself, made appeals to get a fixed version that never came to fruition. This show also toured the Walt Disney Concert Hall in L.A. The piece was recorded professionally at Kaufman Astoria Studios in NYC as well, but, to my knowledge, has never been released by Atavistic or anyone else, which, to me, is just baffling.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|