View Single Post
Old 02.15.2011, 10:34 PM   #4736
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hipster_bebop_junkie
Thanks. I only had a video of this. Glad to have it as audio now, too.

By the way, The Soup Nazi, have you already pre-ordered Lucinda's new record?

The first single, "Buttercup", is available in MP3 format for a buck at amazon, and i've read that you'd receive a exclusive link to download two unreleased songs if you'd provide proof via e-mail that you've pre-ordered her new album, "Blessed". I think the deluxe edition (containing the so-called "Kitchen Tapes", right?) should be a nice treat.

I suspect i'm wasting my breath. I could bet you are already aware of all this, but i figured i would still post it, just in case you needed a heads-up.
Heh, I knew about the new album and its deluxe edish, but didn't know about that mp3 and the other tunes, so that was a heads-up indeed and not a waste of breath at all; many thanks. I'm afraid I won't be able to order it until next month, though... I've really destroyed my budget ordering some pretty damn expensive stuff recently-ish: Charley Patton's Screaming and Hollering the Blues (I'm sure you know about this one - seven discs plus John Fahey's book on Patton, all packaged in the most incredible way you could imagine), all of Miles Davis' "complete sessions" box sets from the electric era (The Complete In A Silent Way, Bitches Brew, Jack Johnson and On The Corner Sessions - the last one alone is worth 100 bucks from Amazon.ca, which is where I found the lowest price), the reissue of The Stooges' 1970: The Complete Fun House Sessions and the You Don't Want My Name, You Want My Action 4CD set, the Stones' deluxe Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out box, Rhino Handmade's deluxe edition of Richard & Linda Thompson's Shoot Out The Lights (by the way, EVERYBODY ON THIS BOARD should dig disc 2, which features some megatonic guitarwork by RT, easily as great —and, to a degree, in the same modal vein, actually— as Television's The Blow-Up)... plus every Spoon EP and single with non-album tracks (from Love Ways on), plus... alright, a whole bunch, a whole bunch of stuff I won't keep boring you with. NOW, I've bought this shit over a period of several (well, a few) months, mind you, but I'm of course still paying for it. Looks like it's getting outta control, you say? Damn straight, HBJ - I've definitely skipped a few meals. But what else am I supposed to do? Just sit there like a MOOK while all these amazing records pile up in my wish list? No!

So anyway, what were we talking about? Ah yes, Lu! Check out the liberated promo posted above, it's pretty sweet.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|