View Single Post
Old 09.27.2013, 10:46 PM   #934
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
(a) You're talking out of your ass, when Michael Jackson passed away in 2009 the popular feedback loop made Kanye look like some unknown coffee shop artist in comparison, seriously.

I've seen almost as many stories about Kanye's choice in baby names as I saw about MJ after his death. Granted that's due to the general idiocy of the -American populace, but still. TMZ and People should be paying Kanye royalties for all the money they make off of his ass.

Besides, you're comparing a shocking and mysterious death of a massive celebrity turned complete recluse. If Kanye died today, you'd see the same level of fanfare and speculation and groups of crying black families (and laughing white families... GOD I HATE AMERICAN WHITE PEOPLE.)

If I were Kanye, I'd be a pissed off motherfucker too. Nobody gets it. People see surface shit, talk about it, ignore anything important he says or does, criticize him constantly, and then steal his discography from pirate bay while he finds no name rappers and puts them on the charts, gives to charities, makes music that is uplifting to a lot of people (well, maybe not Yeezus... but it's still good shit) and makes statements about our culture that go way over the heads of fat white twats like Kimmel. ... man, I'ma bust some Kimmel ass.

Quote:
(b) Michael Jackson suffered a lot of slander and gossip

Ummm... are you sure you know who Kanye West is?

Quote:

FUCK THAT SHIT YO. You need to go back and listen to Michael Jackson again, because seriously, I don't mind you liking Kanye, BUT DON'T EVER TRY AND SEE THAT HE IS ABOVE MICHAEL JACKSON EVER AGAIN, ITS NOT HAPPENING BROTHER, PERIOD. I bet even Kanye himself would disagree with you!!!

Yawn. Whatever, man. I grew up with Man in the Mirror, alright? It still makes me snap my fingers, and some songs from Bad and Thriller still hold up, but Michael Jackson was huge because of his star power (early on) and his great production. His lyrics were really quite ordinary. Kanye stumbles too, but he also says the absolute perfect thing about 6 times out of 10. But I ain't gonna judge you for liking MJ more. G'aon Girl!

Quote:
If you were smarter you'd realize how absolutely stupid that sounds. How does Kanye even remotely compare to the Beatles? Kanye did not have anywhere near the cultural and musical influence and impact the Beatles had.

He also hasn't had FIFTY YEARS to create that impact. And he's one black guy from Chicago, and the Beatles were four cute hipster Brits. Automatic handicap to Yeezy. Level the playing field and he's totally comparable to the Beatles circa Sgt. Pepper.

My real point was that there's never really been a Rap equivalent to the Beatles. I used to think Wu-Tang fit the bill, but while they might be the obvious choice for many, they simply haven't had that kind of commercial success. Yeah, their albums go platinum, and Chambers went triple, but they stopped having real "hits" a long time ago. I mean, they're the best fucking rap group ever, but seriously.

Quote:
To me, Kanye is the nickelback of rap, in fact, I'd probably rather listen to nickelback personally

HOW DARE YOU!?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|