View Single Post
Old 04.04.2006, 02:06 PM   #25
Hip Priest
invito al cielo

Hip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's assesHip Priest kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by marleypumpkin
That does sound like a unique way of making a sound affect for drums.

Well, the drummers in question (Chris Kavanagh and Ray Mayhew) carried off the job with some aplomb, it must be said.

I like a Brazillian samba band called Olodum. When I saw them live, there were sixteen people on stage, twelve of whom were drummers of one kind or another. That was a good noise to hear.

I like the druming of Kevin Hyde from the band Gaye Bykers on Acid - straightforward, loud and no-nonsense. Mr Hyde seemed quite suited to a life of hitting things with sticks, and he and the rest of the band were also very good in the film they made. 'All Hung Up' is a mighty single, but they did many fine songs. Sometimes they crossed dressed and appeared as Lesbian Dopeheads on Mopeheads (get it?!?!?!?!).

Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/outsidethecamp/
Hip Priest is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|