View Single Post
Old 04.01.2010, 03:25 AM   #1
GeneticKiss
expwy. to yr skull

GeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's assesGeneticKiss kicks all y'all's asses
OK, it's way too late for me to up posting on here (quarter after 4 am on the eastern coast of the United States), but I know a lot of other people on this board are musicians, and they play shows, and I'm sure a few must have some degree of success...

The other members of my band don't want to play too many shows in our area at once, saying people will just go to the next show if they know there will be more after the next one...I've thought this is crazy/lazy, that people who like the band would want to catch as many shows as they can, but the people I've talked to agree with them, citing factors I never thought of like distance from the show, how much money they have, etc.

But I know that in order to build a following, we have to make ourselves known, and to do that, shouldn't we play as many shows as we can? We've always had issues bringing people to shows...what can we do to change this?