View Single Post
Old 03.12.2010, 12:38 PM   #58
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
Yes, I work in a media agency, we prepare media campaign proposals for our clients and then execute the media buying proces when the client has approved our proposals.
It involves a lot of direct communication with the client. I have no problems talking to them on the phone, even in a very relaxed/non-formal way (which I have found out works much better than being too formal) but face-to-face meetings with the clients have been a big issue for me for quite a time, since I'm naturally quite a shy person. But as I move on forwards and have more experience, I see the presentations being less of a problem for me over time. Of course, I have my rituals (a bar of chocolate to calm me down, and a strong coffee to give me a bit of a kick), but I can deal with it now much better than I used to.
which is absolutely fucking GREAT, since I had thought before that battling this kind of social anxiety would be an unsolvable task.

Yeah one day you'll just be spewing out words without even thinkin about it. Strangely I am more nervous about phone calls than meetings face to face. I tend to make shit harder than it really needs to be.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|