View Single Post
Old 07.18.2007, 12:39 AM   #1971
StevOK
expwy. to yr skull

StevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's assesStevOK kicks all y'all's asses
I don't feel like making yet another MBV thread, especially when I don't quite know the credibility of the source of this information, but:

From 411Mania
Hello!!,

Quint here, formerly known as Antistar. I used to post here about a year ago before the upgrade nightmare but enough of that...I went over to see Mogwai at Somerset House, London but while waiting for them to come on who should walk past only the Godlike genius that is Kevin Shields of My Bloody Valentine, creator of 'Loveless', one the greatest albums of all time and my all-time rock hero. Anyway, to cut a long story short and thanks to about 4 pints-worth of Dutch courage, I approached him as I would have regretted it for the rest of my life if I hadn't. He is one of the nicest,unassuming guys you could ever meet. So much for the 'never meet your heroes' rule. I asked him any chance of a new album or tour and here's the scoop...

2 new albums: One an anthology of unreleased material from the nineties, and a completely new album.

A tour in 2008!

He also mentioned that they were asked to play a gig 'at some museum in Dublin later in the year' as he put it, I presume this is POD marquee thing at IMMA in late Oct/November but he didn't seem that sure whether they were going to play as they are not ready yet to play live until the proper tour next year....

There have been rumours before about MBV reunion but this was from the main man himself and he seemed pretty definite about their upcoming plans....here's hoping!

Apparently Shields has been at plenty of gigs around London of late and when approached has been telling people very similar things.
Facebook

StevOK is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|