View Single Post
Old 12.25.2016, 09:50 AM   #24
dead_battery
expwy. to yr skull

dead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's assesdead_battery kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
thing is, where's yr top of 2016 dead_battery? you could help out. everyone here is hip hop like expected then, there is d.sound with all the fluukey dookie obscure stuff. and that will be just about it. end of thread.

it all goes along with you not really talking about music on here. what do you like?

Kanye and political gossip is all anyone gets from this place anymore. talking about drawing lines.

across the years in my different user names i used to post A LOT about music, a shitload. all the time.

i made a few lists on threads like these.

now i have severe tinnitus and also dont care as much about music anymore. what i am into now is classical, 20th century stuff. i went to see a performance of messiaens pour le regarde sur l'efant jesus recently. a couple in the row in front where horrified, the lady walked out and the man stayed but shook his head in confused disgust every few minutes. i am sure they were expecting some sort of classic fm xmas lite music. i got off on seeing them get freaked out.

i can handle classical better but everything else just hurts the brain.

i don't really care about music like i used to, since what i am focused on now is reading. to get through the work day i will blast some opeth, pavement, tool, general old alt stuff from my younger days. for a while i was heavily into vaporwave and i tried talking about it on here but noone was that interested. i was also very heavily into black metal for years but don't care about it so much anymore.

what burnt me out of music was not just hearing everything and getting bored grinding against the dull limits of it, but never having any other human beings into the same shit as me. i mean, i know that probably noone else in my entire small country heard hairdryer peace before me. i ordered that lp before its release. i got very tired of my friends despising anything i was into, not understanding it and never being aware of it. also there was zero music scene were i lived and so i was a person into shit too weird for even the weird people in places like ny or sf nevermind a small irish town.

i basically gave myself tinnitus trying to live inside my headfones and desperately reaching into the music which could never satisfy me.

i am so bored and burnt out on alt/weird/indie/electronica stuff, like you are. that doesn't mean i think it's all bad. there are other people on here who you should look to for recommendations in those categories but i don't have the interest like i used to. kinda sad but it is what it is. tinnitus is perpetual hell and unless it goes away i don't want to make it worse with treble and noise. my brain is already scrambled enough. i can barely handle continuing to live at the moment so music is not a priority. what i want above all else, other than death, is SLEEP and SILENCE which i cant fucking get due to my ill health.

i went from a weirder than weird alt noise guy into a sensible jumper wearing snobby quiet bourgeois weirdo. i like weird and discordant modernist classical music now and that's probably all i'll ever care about.
dead_battery is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|