View Single Post
Old 07.20.2018, 01:04 PM   #10442
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
So the transfer window rolls on for Liverpool (and seemingly no one else).

Now forgive me whilst I go on a rant here. So the big thing right now is how they've broken the record for a goalkeeper at £67 million for Alisson. They also broke the record for a defender (£75 million for Van Dijk) last season. My question is why?

Firstly, Alisson. That's some serious money to spend on a keeper. I watched Roma a few times last year and fair play, he's a decent keeper. However, was anyone else after him? Rumours were Chelsea, but that's it. Why allow yourself to get trumped into paying that much for him? To my eyes Oblak is just as good a keeper. Would he have cost less? For sure. I guess Roma were just wanting the extra money to make the bargain Salah hurt less. Liverpool got suckered in and paid the first number they got told.

Now Van Dijk. This one was and still is even more baffling. £75 million. £75 MILLION!! Insane. However, you gotta ask yourself "is he in the top 20 defenders out there?" At a push. Then you think how many other great defenders are there out there they could have tried for? Umtiti is one. Hummels is another, Boateng is there. Koulibaly definitely, but I don't think they'd have got him.

Umtiti had a release clause for, what was it, £50 million last summer? Definitely a better player than Van Dijk. Again, no one else was pestering for Van Dijk! Liverpool wet themselves and threw whatever money they had at a pretty decent defender. For that money you'd want someone next level.

Honestly, I don't get it. I don't get why they threw all that money on two reasonable players when much better were available and probably cheaper. Will they win the league this year? (Our year, la!) probably not given how great City were. You'd be a fool to think Guardiola will let the team rest on their laurels this year. Will they win a trophy? Hopefully not. Question is if they win the FA cup next year could they honestly say all that money was worth it?

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|