View Single Post
Old 11.08.2017, 09:50 AM   #1
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Lee spoke to an SY fan at Quietus who assured him that “East Jesus” was “very rare” (GENTEEL DEATH... THIS PART IS KIND OF SNARKY, BUT IT’S ALSO TRUE, SO... NOT A JOKE) and talked about his top 10 albums of all time.

Nothing too surprising on the list, but what stood out to me was that Lee chose “Meet the Beatles” instead of “Revolver” or “Rubber Soul” or any of the other Beatles albums that are more clearly reflected in Lee’s musical aesthetic. To me, Lee has always seemed like stylistic disciple of George Harrison, as well as being kind of the SY analogue for old George. So it’s intersting that he would choose an album that is Harrison-light, in addition to being almost completely non-experimental. But I still get it, because it’s a great album.

I was also surprised to see Elvis Costello’s “This Year’s Model” on the list, because I’ve never really thought about Costello as an influence, but somehow it made sense once I gave it some thought.

Here’s the link:

http://thequietus.com/articles/23541...zende-neubaten

ETA: Message to Genteel Death, attempting to clear up his profound confusion about whether or not I’m joking by posting this SY-related story in this SY forum.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|