View Single Post
Old 03.23.2007, 06:18 PM   #115
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
I was merely thinking of the eventual day (& this is affording you a great deal of credit, by the way) when you realize you've been severely ripped off, that's all.

Well, seeing as I have only purchased one of their albums and I like that one quite a bit, I don't see that happening. The first time I saw them it was maybe three bucks (might have even been a "pass the hat" situation), and the second time was at a festival I would have attended regardless, so I really don't have all that much invested. Plus, if I were to sell that double LP that I bought in 1998 (which I have no plans to do), I'm sure I would stand to make a fine profit.

I'm not a huge fan; I just think they are pretty good and they are making a valid contribution. Sure, that "scene" has a glut of crappy meandering improvisors who have severe limitations and no ability to explore other musical avenues (and thus an inevitable "diminishing returns" situation), but NNCK aren't one of those bands. Not to my ears anyway.
Plus, the "scene" ALWAYS has a glut of talentless hacks jumping on bandwagons. This is nothing new.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|