View Single Post
Old 03.23.2007, 02:55 PM   #106
Savage Clone
invito al cielo

Savage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's assesSavage Clone kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by atari 2600
goo like you just don't follow the releases because you're too busy trying to be cool, affecting a pose, and being brainwashed by alternative weeklies and online and print music magazines.

Yep, everybody that likes anything that you don't like is incapable of critical thinking and sincere opinions in matters of taste. Everybody who likes a band whose popularity mystifies you is trying to seem "cool" because no one could possibly like this kind of music simply because the sound of it resonates with them for whatever reason. Boy, have you got it down.

I like some of NNCK's output quite a lot, but I don't consider myself a huge fanatic or anything. I do think they can play their instruments, especially Nuss. I have seen them twice; once in 1998 (awesome) and once in 2003 (musically weak to my ears, but made up for by a thoroughly entertaining and engaging stage presence/performance).
Yeah, they are a mixed bag, but there are many others more deserving of "naked emperor" status if you want to start going down that road. They are making perfectly valid music and I believe in their sincerity as artists.
Savage Clone is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|