View Single Post
Old 03.12.2015, 10:13 AM   #303
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ann ashtray
So, in other words you're stating that everyone is a racist to some degree?

YES. though not on purpose-- the software is just there floating around people's heads.

with this i'm not naturalizing racism, i.e., i'm not saying that because it's out there we should embrace it, or something like that. it needs to be fought at the software level, but it's not like we can reboot the planet and start with a clean OS (failed revolutions have proved that). change takes a long time.

Quote:
Just kidding. ;0

really?

Quote:
I see what you are saying, and from that angle it makes sense. Even though there's big difference between being somewhat biased due to preconceived notions that someone else is different because of the way they look, and all out hatred however because of whatever differences.

it's not just the way someone looks, it's also them fitting one's expectations of what they're supposed to be, and when they don't, social condemnation ensues. those expectations are more often than not gendered.

poor thurston tried to turn things on their head when he launched into his misguided "jezebel is gender fascism" facebook comments. in a way, he was on to something; in another way, he was completely off the mark-- because men do get judged differently, and in some cases they get more shit than women for certain types of failures. but the public rage was not about him being a man-- it was about him having kept a lie going for years. so his shots backfired-- just made him look more like an entitled male. though people were projecting a lot of their personal issues onto him as well.

Quote:
You were alluding to people being hateful toward women, in the plural sense,...which I've not witnessed in this thread. Certainly one can dislike one woman...or even hate several women...and not be a "woman hater". That's absurd.

well maybe i'm going too far in making the connection, but there are A LOT of people who want women to just shut the fuck up. here's an example provided by google:

http://www.menarebetterthanwomen.com...t-the-fuck-up/

it's not just the guy who writes it but the comments. if i read that out of context i'd have to think this is a sendoff, pure comedic bullshit, a satire of misogyny, but no, i think it's serious, and look at the comments too. those people exist and and their software is real, unbelievable as it seems.

when people say kim shouldn't write about this or that or why is she still sore about getting fucked over or that men think with their dicks and get used to it-- i can't help to smell the percolating stench of that mob-- diluted maybe, but still there.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|