View Single Post
Old 04.04.2009, 10:53 AM   #24214
batreleaser
invito al cielo

batreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's assesbatreleaser kicks all y'all's asses
Scott Walker-Tilt

Ive been in a Scott Walker frenzy. I've never been into his stuff really, but after hearing so much praise for the dude how could I resist. I fucking dig most of it. His 60s stuff is all the great "ghost pop" stuff, almost Roy-Orbisison esque. No variation at all from album to album but tons of perfect tunes. His 70s stuff from what I can tell was dogshit. His 80s stuff was his art music, and this album is his best without a fucking doubt. The first track "Bouncer See Bouncer" will have you spaced out and drooling on your dick as a sparse but prominent backing beat is played and some sparse rhythmic electronics squiggle around and Scott talks/sings/mumbles/recites, etc.. some beautiful lyrics. That's the whole song. Very disorienting, the rest of the record goes from there. Hows this for hack journalism; "Edgar Allan Poe fronting Pere Ubu with Phil Spector producing".

listen to pink reason
batreleaser is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|