Thread: video games
View Single Post
Old 09.09.2020, 07:27 PM   #373
EVOLghost
invito al cielo

EVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's assesEVOLghost kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel
^The visuals look more blocky than SFII?! I'm probably wearing rose tinted nostalgia spectacles.

Inspired by you nutters I attempted to give Street Fighter 5 a go yesterday as it's free on the store. I was instantly left dazed and confused by the flashing lights and talk show-esque hyper presentation. I completed the training and then turned it off before my brain exploded and any punch was thrown in anger.

it appears blocky because of the resolution. That shit is 1080p. If we added scanlines, that might help, but it's a direct feed from the cab.

compare that to this
https://youtu.be/ugLA61NQuqg

If I'm not mistaken, this Sf2 tournament was run on a consolized CPS2 board which can only do like 480p? So I think that might be a factor other than nostalgia

SFV is bad imo. Appeals to a more general player base. While they reduced the input lag, it's still higher than older fighters and gameplay revolves around a delay based netcode and revenge meter....which therefor make setplay the most important strategy rather than a mix of setplay and solid reactions and confirmations. Oh yeah...and how can I forget, COOL COMBOS!
EVOLghost is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|