View Single Post
Old 09.05.2014, 09:38 PM   #1016
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
just got Better Dayz.

Suchfriends, can you comment much on what Makaveli boot material ended up on which later albums?

Better Dayz is cool but I don't like some of the remixes on it, Still I Rise is the best post-humous release which includes material from the Makaveli boots but released legitimately and produced directly by the Outlawz..

Most of what was on the bootlegs has been released on official and semi-official albums BUT they have almost ALL been remixed and even the beats were changed because really what the Makaveli bootlegs represent is the 48 hours of unreleased vocal tracks which Tupac had laid down obsessively after he got shot and had the vision that he was going to die within 2 years, which by the way, eerily came true

To be sure, I am too attached to the Makaveli bootlegs so I prefer those versions but some of the cuts off the official releases I also bump. Still I Rise is one of my favorite Tupac records, like I said, it is in essence the sequal to The Seven Day Theory as the themes, raps, and beats are all very similar. Still I Rise has those crucial tracks like Letter to the President, Still I Rise, Tear Drops and Closed Caskets, As the World Turns, and especially Black Jezus

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|