Thread: Rangda
View Single Post
Old 05.25.2010, 01:44 PM   #27
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
I think the album just suffers from being a bit predictable and repetetive. It works on the once upon a time in the west theme.. er bull lore.. but.. eh. The improvised songs just make me reach for my 100 sun city girls albums that have that type of stuff but better. Sad. This is seriously the first bishop related release I'm not excited about.

But I do truly think their next release, if there is one, will be incredible. From everything I've read, this album was done in one day, having only played together the night before, and then coming up with 3 songs, and improvising 3 songs, the next day, for the album -- if that's true, it really is actually quite remarkable, but more as a sign of things to come.

Stay glued to your tv sets...

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|