View Single Post
Old 05.03.2006, 04:53 PM   #18
HaydenAsche
invito al cielo

HaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's assesHaydenAsche kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheguevara6
right, i mean, Pearl Jam kept making album like Ten or Vs, right?

I mean, they have released 8 albums and all have the same songs, eh?

I dont think you listen to pearl jam.

They released an album called no code, their is no anthemic rockers like Alive or Even Flow. Their single from that is called who you are. Its almost sounds like Theorou wrote the lyrics. This isnt some huge hit.

I think Pearl Jam could easily have continued doing videos, making millions doing interviews or whatever.

They didnt.

Eddie Vedder said he sabotaged his own career, and said it proudly. I dont know too many sell outs who would make a record just to sabotage their own career. I mean, they lost millions of fans by not touring while battling with ticketmaster.

Indeed Sonic Youth are amazing, as a guitarist they inspire me, because I know I can create something amazing, I dont have to follow normal chord progressions, I can do crazy things on the guitar. I respect that.

To me, battling ticketmaster was a lost cause. That they went through with it makes me admire them more. I mean, could a band of hippies from Seattle really win against a multibilliondollar company?

I think pearl Jam went about things in their own way. Instead of making more songs that the public wanted, they did songs they wanted to.

The SNL appearance was odd, yet they played antiwar songs.

Pearl Jam has always been about doing what you want. Same with Sonic Youth.

Again, all you Pearl jam haters may not want to go see Sonic Youth live, my guess is both bands may even play songs together.

Good thing I wasn't going to see SY with Pearl Jam.

Sell-outs or not. They made music I did not enjoy or connect with.