View Single Post
Old 07.10.2014, 10:17 AM   #37849
Rob Instigator
invito al cielo

Rob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's assesRob Instigator kicks all y'all's asses
I always live knowing that the "later years" of life are not guaranteed to anyone.

My father died when I was 17. He was 44.

Living your life as if you are waiting or preparing for old age is not productive. Not doing things because "It will take 5 years off your life" is pointless. It will take the last years of your life, (if you are lucky to live that long anyways) ...

My ex-grandma in law lived to be 95. She lived alone in a little appartment with her plants for 94 years before her health crashed and she was placed in hospice care.

My grandma is 99. My aunt who takes care of my grandma is 73, has a 91 year old husband, and is burdened with taking care of two invalids, both deaf, both ornery and not choosing to wear hearing aids... She tells me it is so hard. She also tells me that seeing them (her mom and husband) lets her understand that if you want to do something DO IT NOW. Do not wait for the "right time" The right time is NOW. she wants to smoke weed, she wants a tattoo, she wants to live life that she did not get to in her previous 73 years.

My father in law is 87 years old, and for the last 10 years has told anyone who listens how he is tired, nothing interests him anymore, all his friends are dead, and that life seems pretty pointless to him. He never drank, he smoked cigs for 60 years, is in near perfect health except for diabetes and sciatic nerve damage in his hip, and looks 20 years younger than he is, but he is FED UP.

Life is different for everyone, and the idea that there is ONE path in life, ONE end goal, only one way to "successfully" live, is a fucking disgrace and a disservice to all humans.