View Single Post
Old 01.18.2008, 02:19 PM   #133
m1rr0r dash
invito al cielo

m1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's assesm1rr0r dash kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
science only precludes their validity when it comes to getting repeatable scientific results. the scientific method, when applied to shamanism, sceances, spirit writing, etc, has always shown them to be shams/cons/parlor tricks
science is a method of gathering information, not a cadre of old men out to demolish spirituality.

religion however,, IS a cadre of old men out to demolish freethought.

i hope you understand that when i say science precludes the validity of aesthetic or poetics, i don't mean they are mutually exclusive... they are both valuable tools suited to different tasks and both have made valuable contributions to understanding the world.

but... repeatable results make for mediocre paintings... un-repeatable results make for iconic cultural images that resonate for generations...

....also, according to your definition (cadre of old men out to demolish freethought...), my thesis committee is a religion.

m1rr0r dash is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|