View Single Post
Old 08.04.2015, 09:02 AM   #39617
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
thanks dude. it's the third movement of moonlight sonata, the one that no one ever hears because they're so captivated by the first movement. it needs to be played more!

ahhh yes.

Quote:
it's really hard for me to believe i'm good enough, after years of being told i never will be.

good enough for what?

Quote:
i figure it's a lot like self-esteem, especially in the fact that if you have too much of it, you're oblivious to what needs to be improved, but if you have too little you're kind of stuck down in the mud and unable to help yourself.

i know there's this tradition of flogging people in classical music, but really you don't need punishment to improve at anything. real self-esteem is not attached to performance (though people try to make it that way so they can manipulate others). you can have ultrahigh self esteem and still be able to say "i fucked up today". in fact it makes it easier to recognize mistakes because your self esteemed is not tied up to some idea of perfection. it's good mental health. don't know if that makes sense? i can explain better if you're curious.

Quote:
the latter happened to me back in april and it hit me hard, made me wonder if i even wanna do this, and get told even more i'm not good enough, but the final answer in my head was yes, i do wanna do this.

it's great that you're doing it! and you should definitely have fun with it and enjoy it.

--

wow i slept so great last night. soooooo great. it's insane. i've never slept like this before, i think. it's like i've been sick for a while and suddenly got cured.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|