View Single Post
Old 01.04.2007, 09:36 PM   #28
luxinterior
invito al cielo

luxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's assesluxinterior kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain
Jacobs Ladder is great but I must disagree on The Exorcist and The Proposition. I thought both were pretty lame for reasons I can't quite put my finger on. Well, The Exorcist was just silly...I think it's dated pretty badly and The Proposition was just...boring. I can't really remember what happened in it.

Hellraiser is much sillier than The Exorcist...the Cenobites are great, but I would've liked to see more of them. The main actors are kind of lame. As for the Exorcist, it doesn't strike me as being silly. It's too gruesome, and I'm not referring to the green projectile vomit or the 360-degree head turn. Perhaps those are "silly," although I don't really agree with that word, but I mean in comparison to the other scenes. Those parts didn't do anything for me. It's more like the crawling down the stairs upside-down...goes by quickly, but makes me feel sort of ill nevertheless. And the scenes with Regan at the doctor or whatever, and undergoing tests and stuff, that's a bit repulsive, which is what made the movie good for me. I can't think of a really recent horror movie that has had that same effect on me. Oh, and there are the bits with the face flashing onscreen for just a few frames, which is a great little thing too.

And The Proposition...well, nothing about that movie bored me, what else can I say?

"I sweat like a fucking nun on Sunday...I don't even know what that means."
- Sebastian Bach

luxinterior is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|