View Single Post
Old 02.19.2016, 07:18 PM   #29
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
Although I liked a few tracks on All Hands I found it a bit disappointing after Hot Rock (my first SK record), I didn't understand why after making such and unusual and unique record as The Hot Rock they would basically regress to more simplified and normally structured songs. But I guess it's sort of comparable to SY putting out DDN and then writing songs like My Friend Goo and Mary Christ.
I can see why you would say that if Hot Rock was your introduction to SK but if you zoom out it wasn't entirely a regression so much as Hot Rock was simply an outlier. Indeed if you were yo take it out of the discography then All Hands really does feel like a progression and indeed follows that trend through One Beat, the Woods, and No Cities to Love. Perhaps because Hot Rock is so fundamentally different and unique from any other SK record and even side project releases that is why i put it as Number One

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|