View Single Post
Old 01.31.2018, 08:33 PM   #30
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Mark E Smith's final Uncut interview
Smith discusses The Fall past and present, America and art in this feature from September 2017

Essential reading. One of my favorite bits is...

Quote:
Are you still in touch with the Dudes [the American group for 2007 album Reformation Post TLC]?

Yeah. Tim [Presley]'s lost in Wales, int'he? I warned him. I bet they fuckin' ate him or summat. I saw him at the Green Man festival and he says, "I'm off to Cardiff for two weeks." I said, "Don't fucking go. The women are like fucking demons." And he was like, "Oh, Mark…" 'Cos I'm always filling them with these horror stories about Britain, but they never believe me. You can't warn guitarists, though.

...which squares perfectly with Cate Le Bon's recollection as it appeared on The Guardian:

Quote:
I was playing guitar for White Fence, who are led by former Fall member Tim Presley, and he introduced us. When Mark came out to see us play in Manchester's Soup Kitchen, we were met with the warmth of an old friend. He visibly adored Tim. When the time came to stop the drinking and get the band back in the van, Mark protested, but we really had to leave. When we got to the van, Tim was nowhere to be seen. When he finally returned, he told us that Mark had grabbed him, and said they were "going to another pub, come on". Tim was also beaming. Like a good bad uncle, Mark had left him with a gift and some sterling advice: some yellow powder scrunched up in a piece of newspaper and the advice to not spend too much time in Wales, as they'll kill and eat you – and that Welsh women were demons.

Cate's music certainly has a dash of The Fall in it, and it's more so with DRINKS, her project with Tim Presley. If you don't have their album Hermits On Holiday (great fuckin' title!), seek it out at all costs.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|