View Single Post
Old 10.16.2009, 12:45 PM   #36
Glice
invito al cielo

Glice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's assesGlice kicks all y'all's asses
Not being a full scholar of Wagner (mercifully) I understand there are money-grabbing Jew-type characters in the Ring. But no worse than Shakespeare.

I think the Israel opposition is largely because Hitler used Wagner's music in official Nazi business - the name of Wagner thereby forever associated with the violent oppressor in the minds of the few remaining Holocaust survivors. Strauss and Orff, less so.

The Wagner thing isn't actually written anywhere though, is it? I seem to remember that coming up when Baranboim first did the Tristan prelude as an encore in Israel.

I don't know any of this for sure though, I'd ask one of your lecturers before asking strangers on the internet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
Last time I was in Chicago I spent an hour in a Nazi submarine with a banjo player.
Glice is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|