View Single Post
Old 05.16.2013, 12:39 PM   #17110
h8kurdt
invito al cielo

h8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's assesh8kurdt kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I take your point but still think Tarantino's power in Hollywood is more directly attributable to the success he had with Pulp Fiction. That was what gave him the green light to indulge himself with stuff like Kill Bill and the whole Grindhouse thing - neither of which I liked, I have to admit. I'm not a big fan of Inglorious Bastards, either, but I can't argue with its success. I just don't see that it's changed his status much within Hollywood. He'll always be an outsider to some degree simply because he'll never make the kinds of film that Hollywood largely associates itself with. They accomodate him, though, because his movies usually make a profit, but that's always been the case, from Reservoir Dogs onwards. Even Death Proof was a commercial success. Hollywood doesn't endorse directors so much as invest in them and if nothing else Tarantino is always a solid investment.

You could say the same about Scorcese too to be honest.

Down with this sort of thing.
h8kurdt is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|