View Single Post
Old 02.12.2017, 12:19 PM   #59
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper_green
well, maybe I need to check out the after break-up albums. I never bothered, I just wanted to see them live. saw J and the Fog but they sucked without the original rhythm section in action though Watt is good. I feel all the new songs I heard will not be as good over the years hearing them live.

I gave Beyond a good listen but that's all since.

I tell you an underated album is J's More Light. that album is solid.

Wait, what? You haven't even bothered with the Dino 2.0 albums?

Dude. They're not all gold, but some of them are... well, pretty fucking gold.
This is how I'd rank them:

1. Beyond
2. Farm
3. Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not
4. I Bet on Sky

The only one that really fell on deaf ears for me was I Bet on Sky. Not sure why, but I just did not enjoy that one. I also didn't hate it, but I haven't listened to it since about a month after it came out.

Give a Glimpse of What Yer Not didn't blow me away when it came out, but now I can feel that there is a sort of definitively Dino energy about it. You know how Bug just sounds fucking kick-ass when you're driving down the freeway in the summer, blasting the hell out of it and singing along? Well, that feeling is present on ...Glimpse. I don't listen to rock much, but if I ever do, I want it in my car.

Go listen to "Your Weather," which you've probably heard live and already know well. Still... couldn't hurt.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|