View Single Post
Old 05.29.2016, 10:45 AM   #2086
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
See now you're starting to get it

So I'm being clear enough? I had a splitting migraine when I wrote that post, and was reeling from a 65 hour work week, so I was not sure it would make sense.

Do you agree though? Like, when my dad heard "my music" he gave that classic old guy response of, "This isn't music, it's noise!" Just like his parents — bred on Sinatra and the Rat Pack — said of those wild and crazy long haired Beatles.

The few times I've played something for someone significantly younger than myself, it was almost like I was talking to my father circa 1992. I remember playing Sister for a co-worker just out of college in 2011... he was a Bruno Mars fan, and occasionally got crazy by listening to Fun. or Arcade Fire post-Funeral. He said something along the lines of, "you don't really listen this do you? You're messing with me." I was kind of appalled, but I also thought it was fucking hilarious. He was 22. Shouldn't he have been saying how pansy assed it was? Shouldn't he have been obsessed with some crazy glitched out techno that made "Come to Daddy" sound like "Hello Mother, Hello Father"?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|