View Single Post
Old 09.07.2019, 05:57 AM   #29
choc e-Claire
expwy. to yr skull

choc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asseschoc e-Claire kicks all y'all's asses
Alright, gotta double act the last two because you know, I'm a slacker.

Day 6: The Velvet Underground - White Light/White Heat
As influential as the banana album is, that one still seemed oriented around songs. This one pushes that out of the way, throwing itself whole-heartedly into pioneering noise rock that stands on its own and helped give others a standing point. It's sobering to think that almost everything I like would never have existed without this, and even more sobering to think that barely any of it is better.

Day 7: Sonic Youth - Murray Street
As Sonic Youth got older, they seemed to mellow out slightly, turning their distinctive style towards lengthy, quieter pieces. Lots of twinkling guitar interplay, fuzzy breakdowns, and 'Rain on Tin' - their best song of the 2000s and one of the best, full stop.
Making myself up as I go along. Check out my music-themed blog, 79:57.
choc e-Claire is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|