View Single Post
Old 10.29.2009, 01:36 PM   #54
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
But he's kind of agreeing with me in that he says the Bible wasn't for the stupid masses and was too difficult for them to understand which is the complete opposite of what you saying, which was that it was written in way so the stupid people would understand.

I was refering to the first part of the response if you wish to know why. And I rep alot of people who disagree with me...cause i must have made them think if they took the time to respond.

I did not use the term STUPID PEOPLE I used dumb (meaning those that were held back from the knowledge of the temple and there traditions because of thier situation). I was refering to the excluded parts of the society whom had been held back unjustly from enlightenment.

The bible is one of the best pieces of literature in the history of Humanity. I am not denying the fact that it is a book that cannot be simplified. I was only refering to a question from the bible.

And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.

Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.

That is what I meant but I am not as scholarly as Matthew was when he recorded it so i guess my point did not come across right.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|