View Single Post
Old 07.23.2007, 08:50 AM   #256
sarramkrop

Ta for the info Jico, I suspected that band's name might have something to do with Ashtray Navigations' name .

THE MUSIC MANIAC 'GIMMICK' COMPILATION

THE MUSIC MANIAC 'GIMMICK' COMPILATION
(RAPIDSHARE link due to server limitations)

!!!REPOST!!!

Hallo fellow music maniacs!

I've received numerous requests for a repost of this compilation, so I relented and reuploaded this collection of rare tracks from the MUSIC MANIAC RECORDS label.

This 1989 release (MMLP 023) contains 11 otherwise unavailable tracks:

01. Dizzy Satellites - Time Has Come
02. Cheepskates - Bite The Bullet
03. Miners Of Muzo - The Night Of The Miner
04. Mark "Vet" Enbatta - Winter
05. The Fuzztones - Ward 81 (Live In Oslo '88)
06. The Daisy Chain - Rebellion
07. Droogs - San Quentin
08. Link Portrudi & The Jaymen - Black Widow
09. The Vietnam Veterans - Wolf
10. Shane Faubert - Yesterday's Leaves
11. The Last Drive - Hell To Pay

Here's what John Storey of Music Maniac Records had to say about this release:

It's a tribute to the phonograph record and the weirdest LP ever. Cut 'trick-track' with 3 parallel grooves on each side (check HERE for more info on "Fate As The DJ"), clear vinyl, no labels, spoken introductions by each band, free boardgame (yes, a game is also included with the LP) and a cover with optical illusions. 'Weird and wonderful alltogether! The music? Good God! ...You know the names, now play the game!

OK, hope that was illuminating.

This collection was never available on CD and I ripped it from my own vinyl copy. It took quit a while with 3 parallel grooves on each side and no labels, but I thought you might enjoy this nice rarity. There's no inherent running order (because of "Fate As The DJ"), so I used the running order of the board game that came with the LP.

Anyway, enjoy this blast of the neo-psychedelic 80's past!
http://dreamtimemix.blogspot.com/200...mpilation.html
  |QUOTE AND REPLY|