View Single Post
Old 11.18.2015, 10:18 PM   #11
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
I more or less agree, indeed i frequently prefer just hot rodding Squiers to spending more for what are usually lackluster Fenders

True. Coincidentally, I recently bought a squier affinity stratocaster for real cheap (they are cheap or should be at least...), I replaced the crappy neck with some knockoff Fender made in USA neck (looks quite authentic w/ vintage kluson tuners) on the Bay for a reasonable price. Its the only strat that I think about keeping as I've steered away from them for years! The neck didn't quite fit completely into the neck pocket (about 1/8" gap at the very end of the body hole) but that doesn't bother me as the neck bolt holes matched up and its snug enough and stable. The action/intonation is much better than w/ the original neck, as I also pretty much hardtailed it. Just going to replace the single ply pickguard w/ a 3-ply. I kinda like the cheap squier ceramic single coil pickups too (bright and cutting tone), for now at least. I also like that its touch lighter than a typical strat as the body is 1.5" thick as opposed to the typical 1.75" thick fender standard.

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|