Thread: rude people
View Single Post
Old 07.21.2010, 10:37 PM   #42
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yes, Alan, you've got it... A lot of people I've dealt with are really spacey, rude people, who ignore others, or who are just out for themselves. Locally, for example, I've genuinely tried to support all my friends, and their projects, I've built webpages for my friends's bands, set up shows for them, always been cool about paying them if I make money from the shows, etc., etc., etc. I don't expect anything in return, except just for people not to be a dick to me... but I think one person has ever thanked me, and the minute I stopped doing these things, people began talking shit about me or just stopped caring. People will usually be nice to you, so long as they can use you; so long as you can give them something. There's very few genuinely nice people out there. There's even less supportive people... And as a person who tries hard to be nice AND supportive, it's easy to be brought down by people who are dicks to you in return.... you always will think that it's something you did, but it's not. People will hate you just by the way you look, or just by what're interested in, it may not have a single thing to do with who you actually are. Y'know, just the fact that I make experimental films or drone music might make me "pretentious" or something, to someone who doesn't actually know me. But I also don't think that a person who has a problem with you today, will in 5 years from now either. People change all the time, hopefully for the better. And I'm not perfect -- but even this random sweaty nasty dude who was bear hugging me last night and breathing his mayonnaise breath on me at this Lightning Bolt show.. I still couldn't be a dick to him.. I dunno... Nice guys finish last, but I'd rather finish last than fuck someone over to get to first.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|