View Single Post
Old 04.13.2015, 04:35 PM   #16
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by _slavo_
seems like I'd have to learn some of the aforementioned tools myself...
learn just one and make sure it's simple.

the challenge of your project is not editing per se. you likely don't need effects or compositing or even color correction.

splicing clips together and adding some transitions is a piece of cake.

the difficulty here is the labor involved in:

a) getting a nice collection of clips, which is librarian work

b) conforming all your clips to the same format-- cropping, resizing, etc.-- so that they fit in the same timeline. these are, technically, "effects", but they are so common nearly every app has them. still, there will be some trial and error and waiting around.

learning is easy if you go step by step.

here's an easy article on aspect ratios

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aspect_ratio_%28image%29

that's the #1 thing you have to understand. there's a bit of technical stuff on how different video codecs achieve those aspect ratios (as pixels *also* have aspect ratios in themselves, ha ha) but if you get that basic framework then all the rest will make more sense.

--

ps-- what software do you use to make music? what OS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toilet & Bowels
something like iMovie first .

that would be great for something like this project if he has a mac-- you can make a normal regular movie in imovie.

the natural upgrade would be final cut X-- reviled by editors but great for prosumers-- "imovie with pro features". but i suspect highly unnecessary unless he's ready to get crafty.

===

appears current version is shit and people are complaining:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/imov...434?mt=12&ls=1

forget about it.

i have this painter friend who made a whole art movie (animated paintings) with imovie HD and got pissed at apple when they discontinued that version, which was great. so yeah. current version is too stupid/useless/fuckit.

maybe check ADOBE PREMIERE ELEMENTS? i believe it's platform agnostic. i use the pro version which is overcomplicated and at times glitchy (used to be worse but it's improved tons) but plays nice with photoshop, adobe audition, etc.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|