View Single Post
Old 05.17.2008, 07:27 PM   #1173
Danny Himself
invito al cielo

Danny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's assesDanny Himself kicks all y'all's asses
On thursday I read all 262 pages of The Color Purple by Alice Walker. In the preceding three days I had read The Scarlet Letter by Nathaniel Hawthorne. I really enjoyed Hawthorne's likening of the child born of sin to a wildflower, as well as his entertaining polysyllabic adjectives.

Read The Scarlet Letter if you can, but pass up Walker's drudge through the land that time forgot.

Oh, and in between serious books, I do like to read a series of books about my home city of Liverpool- the Haunted Liverpool series, which is now up to about 17 books, is a collection of paranormal tales that are full of real detective work on the part of the author, Tom Slemen, who sat next to me on the bus once. He's written a Wicked Liverpool book too, which is just about grisly victorian murders. It's sort of heartwarming to know that orphan children were used as human guinea pigs for vaccines in the 1800s, right on my doorstep!
Danny Himself is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|