View Single Post
Old 08.29.2015, 05:34 PM   #17
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drjohnrock
Yes, that's it. As for quite well known, either (1) I'm just an out of touch middle aged dude, or (2) I still tend to seek out stuff that just has raucous guitar and the lead singer yelling, or (3) some combination of (1) and (2). Thanks, I will check out their debut.

Oh, I didn't mean that in a disparaging way. I wasn't saying it in a "you should know.." Kind of way. I just thought it was almost too easy, because I thi get "Motherfucker's talkin' bout Warpaint!" Like halfway through your description. You described it pretty much exactly as I would have.

I only said that to cushion the blow to my own ego if I was wrong. You know? I wasn't trying to be a dick. Lots of people wouldn't know Warpaint after one sleepy listen. I wouldn't know fucking Sufjan Stevens based on one listen and he's, like, the super insane hyper Christian Kanye West of indie pop!

Hope I'm making sense. I'm an old fart who listens to and seeks out feedbacky shit too. Sorry if I sounded like an elitist 21 year old taint.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|