Thread: Coronavirus
View Single Post
Old 03.13.2020, 10:30 AM   #44
Bertrand
expwy. to yr skull

Bertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's assesBertrand kicks all y'all's asses
I work at the university. French president Macron said all schools and universities would be closed from next monday till...
A part of the scientists wish to understand that teaching is over for the time being, but that they'll be allowed to work on the projects/research. Which is tricky, as a lot of people working at the lab are... students, trainees...

The lab is 120 people more or less, but by april, we rocket up to 170 most of the time, because scientist hire (when they pay them) trainees. That covers up for the state not spending on replacing retiring colleagues.
Lots of thinking to be done.

We expect to be asked to work from our homes. Which I don't like at all. I'm not against not going to the university (I'm not opposed to staying home doing what I want), what I mean is that I don't want my apartment to be transformed in a part of the university. No work home.
Plus no means to do that.

Selfish consideration: all those cancelled gigs... a good chunk of what I look forward to has gone down the toilet.
Have not seen any rush on toilet paper, this being said, but I don't roam each aisle. All I saw was empty racks of rice and pasta.
Bertrand is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|