View Single Post
Old 01.02.2016, 05:22 PM   #47626
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by evollove
After Black Rider, I waited. And waited. And waited, for six years. Then came the so-so Mule Variations. My once-feverish love for the man's work cooled and has never fully returned. A pity.

If there's a pause in the record making--which is fair; dude has a life, kids-- make sure to write some killer material meanwhile, is the lesson I think.

I loved Mule Variations at first. It had this kind of kitchen sink sound that reminded me of Experimental Jet Set. Also I loved the fact that the Grammy twats went nuts over it, despite the fact that it's basically an anti-rock, borderline experimental album.

But Real Gone blew it out of the water. Improved on the basic formulas on MV so much that there's really no reason to go back to it.

I've been a Tom Waits fan for many many years, and in my opinion Real Gone is one of his top 3 records, easily.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|