Thread: Makes me sad...
View Single Post
Old 07.25.2006, 01:23 PM   #83
thewall91
children of satan

thewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's assesthewall91 kicks all y'all's asses
if you've been listening to them from 10 to 24, have you ever thought maybe your tastes are just changing? bands grow and change at the same rate we as individuals do, and you either grow together or grow apart. i grew at a different rate than the chili peppers - love their old stuff, am bored by their new stuff, but i know people who hate the old stuff and love the new stuff. i had the opposite experience with ween, as they grew and changed in the same direction i did. as long as there are people to love the new stuff out there, you can't really blame the band. and you can only do experimental so many times before it's not really experimental anymore. i didn't read the whole thread to know if anyone else had a similar opinion, but that's mine.

i like rather ripped. it doesn't drive me the same way sister or goo did when i was 15, but music in general doesn't quite stir up those same teenage emotions - you just can't recreate that feeling. there are plenty of real "youth" at sonic youth shows today, which is cool as fuck to see. and i assume they're digging the new stuff, especially if one of the newer albums is their first sonic youth album.

i feel your sadness. just find another favorite band. in a few years you'll do a whole new sonic youth renaissance and rediscover them and you may love this "new stuff" by the time it becomes "old stuff."
thewall91 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|