View Single Post
Old 12.06.2016, 09:45 PM   #20152
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
he lived a long time there but no

(why do i always think of that as the pixies lol. there's something there.)

gilliam met john cheese in broadway, actually, in 1962.

he crossed the pond much later

just learned that from the python dvd extras the other day. but i always knew about gilliam because i watched brazil and fisher king before i knew of python's existence. for me it was the reverse-- "oh holy shit these animations are gilliam's ha ha", kinda.

I think Gilliam is great (not stuff like Spies Like Us or Jupiter Ascending, but... y'know.. the twisted groundbreaking shit). He can be sooo bleak (Tideland... OOF!) Like, really, truly bleak as fuck and unsettling. But that's part of his charm.

I love Brazil, Time Bandits, 12 Monkeys, Fisher King, he Python films of course. Even The Brothers Grimm and Inaginarium of Doctor Parnassus (Tom Waits as the devil!) kicked a bunch of ass.

I always thought he'd be a great choice to direct the adaptation of American Gods (have you read?) with maybe Bruce Willis in the Shadow part. That was a while ago. Maybe Tom Hardy would be better at this point. Shrug.
But instead they're doing a Game of Thrones type-thing with all the Norse God characters being played by Cuban dudes. Still looks cool as hell and I'm all for the reverse whitewashing angle, but I think Gilliam would have done a tremendous job on a Neil Gaiman adaptation. They seem almost made for a collaboration.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|