View Single Post
Old 10.11.2017, 12:54 PM   #50197
noisereductions
invito al cielo

noisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's assesnoisereductions kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Dude no. No, no, no. I kept up with those guys out of stubbornness until One by One, after which they became one of the most appalling bands in the world. “Times like these” makes me vomit in my mouth a little, and every new album with the word “and” in it has just been more of that Grammy-nominated garbage.

Nope. First album and about ⅓ of The Colour AND the Shape, and that’s quite enough.

alright. So then as I assumed you've decided it's not good without hearing it. That's fine. Do your thing.

I like "Times Like These" myself. Shrug. I like pretty much all their stuff. Though One By One is certainly a weak link in their discography.

I don't know, to me much of their post 90's work is just good straight forward rock and roll. It's not ground-breaking or anything, but it sounds good to my ears.

At any rate Concrete And Gold is interesting because the Foo Fighters and Queens Of The Stone Age seem to have been hanging out quite a bit, bouncing ideas off each other while recording their new albums and I feel like the influence of the other shows in both albums. The new QOTSA is friggin' great as well, and I feel like it's "okay" to like them haha.