View Single Post
Old 10.06.2017, 07:30 PM   #50184
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
I honestly don't know. I don't really pay attention to stuff like that. Didn't MM and Trent have a falling out around then? Like, "Starfuckers Inc" and all that? Wait, did Trent attack Billy in that video? He attacked a bunch of musicians didn't ? Ah, I really don't remember. I might be making this up.

Adore sounds nothing like OK Computer. Downward Spiral..... maybe, but this is half a decade later. I really just think that the NIN/MM "thing" was in at the time. But also losing a drummer lead them to dabble in drum machines... and then keyboards... etc. It was an easy point in their career to try something new since they had a reason to try something new.

I'm surprised you don't like it tho. Most NIN fans who read Pitchfork every day seem to call it the one SP album they like.

I wouldn’t know about that.

There was beef between Reznor and Manson for a bit, after Reznor produced an album for MM, and then MM wanted to get out of the shadow of the actual musician who was actually talented and made him famous (and so began the decline of MM, but anyway). You have it backwards... MM and Trent actually made up for the Starfuckers video. MM was in it.

Terrible song that. Just unforgivably bad.

Adore sounds like a band who listened to OKC and thought, “ohhhh, let’s do something kinda like this or whatever. Kids dig quiet stuf now with flourishes if electronics.” But SP never had that in them. Sounds like wank. Wank, I say!
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|