View Single Post
Old 01.13.2019, 04:54 AM   #10
_tunic_
invito al cielo

_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses_tunic_ kicks all y'all's asses
this post is filed under the category "better late than never"

Very cool vids Rob, but the 4th link isn't working. Was there ever a 4th video? Did you by any chance record the full show or only these bits?

In 2011 I saw Sebadoh for the very first time in Doornroosje (which translates to Sleeping Beauty in English) in Nijmegen Netherlands, one of my favourite venues which sadly no longer exists, at least not in the same building. And apparently it's also a fave for these guys. This was for "the bakesale/harmacy remembering time tour". Until then I was just a casual fan, and there were too many songs I didn't like (the too lo-fi first albums especially) to get to really like the songs that I did like. And I would often skip many of Jason's songs because I preferred Lou's. I thought that Sebadoh was just a hobby project for Lou while he was away from Dinosaur Jr. Boy oh boy how wrong I was. After this night my viewpoint changed 560 degrees. Wow so many great songs, every song they played was brilliant even Jason's.

I taped that night as usual, but accidentally directly to mp3. So it never ended up on Dime, and that's a true shame because it was a blast from start to finish. And apparently I also never posted about it here, at least I don't find any reference on it on this board. But it is shared on freesofree.net at http://www.freesofree.net/albumdetail.php?AlbumID=528

And here's also a WeTransfer link, because that site's UI is a bit crappy and outdated

So go get it, you won't regret. For an unmastered untouched recording it sounds very good. I'm listening to it right now for the first time in like 5 years. I saw them a couple more times since then, the tapes of that have been shared on Dime. But it never was as awesomely awesome as this night.

_tunic_ is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|