View Single Post
Old 06.05.2009, 07:50 AM   #6673
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, I edited that part out because I didn't want to debate over the film's merits.

As I said, I have a fondness for it, but I don't feel like it was all that successful, all in all. It was lacking the energy and complexity I look for in Lynch's films. Writing the script on napkins the night before shooting principle scenes probably wasn't the best idea; that's why the film feels so empty and drab. Damn, trying not to debate its merits! I've explained myself elsewhere regarding this film so...

But, yeah, if you want to look at it as an attack on Hollywood, sure. I think Mulholland Drive was more successful in that area.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|