View Single Post
Old 06.05.2009, 07:41 AM   #6671
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Yeah, the reason is because it's cheaper to shoot on digital, and he shot 100's of hours worth of stuff for this movie, which would have been impossible with film.

The entire film is one big improvised experiment. That's cool. I guess it's aesthetically pleasing to some people, I dunno... I know there's rumblings on the internet about how Lynch made it look cheap (and feel cheap) to "inspire" people. Like, "Hey! Get yourself a $2000 DV camera, and you can make a film as good as this!" While that theory is cute, he spent years making this film, not knowing what he wanted it to be, since it was his first REAL experiment with digital video making. He pieced the film together and well....... eh. I have high hopes for his next film, however.

...Also, I'm pretty sure I know where Lynch is coming from, he's been one of my favorite filmmakers for 10 years of my life and I've seen every thing he's ever done (Hotel Room, Dumbland, On the Air, all his commercials -- EVERYTHING). Inland Empire is a pretty cool film. Not much more.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|