View Single Post
Old 03.09.2016, 01:18 PM   #109
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage Clone
A friend once described them as "either the best band someone with bad taste likes or the worst band someone with good taste likes." That seems accurate.

Yes! That's an excellent way to describe the not-quite-100%-God-awful/not-quite-any-level-of-"good" four albums of music they've released over the past TWENTY-THREE YEARS

Quote:
I do not like their music at all (especially the vocals), but their drummer is good.
And I give them credit for taking weird bands on tour with them; bands that are guaranteed to alienate their fanbase to a large degree.
I personally know two bands who have been taken on tour with Tool (Cows and Kinski), and both said they were treated very well by the band and had great experiences with them.
How else would Cows get to play arenas?
They get some major points there, but it doesn't make their music any better...

Yeah I can get behind them for giving Kinski some exposure. Kinski is a great band, and an especially kickass live band. I don't think their stint with Tool did much for them, really, as they're nowhere near a household name, and are relatively unknown even among fans of the post-rock genre.... But yeah, whatever. Thanks Tool.

Oh and thanks for Meshuggah too. Not really, that band was terrible. But I'm sure a lot of their rabid fans caught their rabies at Tool concerts in 2001.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|