View Single Post
Old 02.23.2017, 02:12 PM   #20719
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by h8kurdt

80's-The King Of Comedy
This may sound like the contrarian choice, but I honestly love this one. I re-waatched it a couple of months back and it holds up as one of his best. De Niro is just brilliant in it. It's no surprise Scorsese said it was De Niro's best perfomance. Raging Bull is just as incredible, mind.

Now that's a movie I actually wish I hadn't seen again because I had such fond memories of it. But watching it again recently, it wasn't terrible, but it really let me down. And Scorsese saying he thought it was DeNiro's best performance is I'm sure just him being flippant. It's maybe his most surprising performance but no way his best. Although I'm convinced that the best DeNiro performance wasn't in Taxi Driver, Goodfellas or even Raging Bull. It wasn't in any Scorsese movie; it was in The Deer Hunter.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|